Yasemin Kisbu (CV)
As a faculty member of the graduate program in Psychology at KU, Dr. Kisbu would be especially interested in supervising graduate students wishing to work on the following topics:
- Experimental and quasi-experimental designs for impact evaluation
- Quantitative methods to increase intervention effectiveness
- Large-scale data analysis to inform policy and interventions
- Transportability and adaptability studies to bring effective programs to settings and countries different from where they originated
- Systematic reviews and meta-analysis of intervention effectiveness
- Child well-being in vulnerable populations (e.g., refugees, LMIC, low-SES, girls)
I am a Quantitative Psychologist. My research focuses on research methodology, particularly as applied in intervention and policy evaluation. I completed my PhD in Research in Prevention Laboratory of David MacKinnon at ASU, where I focused on improving statistical mediation analysis to investigate causal mechanisms of health related preventive intervention programs. During my postdoctoral studies under the supervision of Tom Cook at Northwestern University, I worked on advancing causal inference methodology and quasi-experimental designs and evaluation of child and youth education-related programs. I am also a recipient of 2017 Young Scientist Award given by Science Academy in Turkey. I currently direct the Independent Evaluation laboratory (IEL), the first university-based impact evaluation lab in Turkey.
Examples of projects I pursue are development of a new variant of regression discontinuity design as a quasi-experimental method; application of causal methods to non-randomized programs and large scale datasets; and evaluation design to promote evidence-based interventions. My applied work is focused on intervention effectiveness by causally testing which interventions work, answering key questions about for whom, how, and why they work.
E-mail : ykisbu at ku.edu.tr
Rumelifeneri Yolu, Sariyer
Istanbul 34450 Turkiye
Office: Social Sciences Building, Room Z13D
Office Phone Number: +90 212 338 (1114)